Sunday, December 11, 2016

Day 11

I was able to sleep another 5-6 hours, so I'm on my way to recuperating all the sleep I've lost in the past 2 weeks. It was once again nice to wake up feeling stronger and not nauseated. I successfully tapered the Zofran and was no longer taking it, although the headache was still there throughout the day. (Edit: It was finally gone by day 12.)

I got to work right away after a quick Ensure breakfast and decided it was time to put the bed back in the bedroom. I spent most of the day cleaning up, organizing everything, putting stuff back in its place and doing a bit of laundry. I was excited to get my living room back and doing a clean break from the bad part of the recovery.

So much better.
I took a quick nap during the afternoon, but still have some painful jaw jerks and woke up with aches in my joint from sleeping on my side. I'm hoping this will ease up soon.

Around dinner time, we went to Trader Joe's and stocked up on mac & cheese and everything I'd need to start cooking a few dinners I could blend. I also bought my favorite chicken salad, hoping it would taste great when blended. This is what I had for dinner, and it. was. amazing. If you like chicken salad, try blending the Trader Joe's one! It has a whooping 750 calories in one container, and it's about 1.5 bottle. I'm glad I bought two, I'm gonna have more of this tomorrow.

So good!
I played multiple games of Dota 2 with friends, read a bit more, and enjoy my time off for one of the first times since the surgery. I'm glad I took almost 4 weeks off! Now that I feel more alive, I can relax and recuperate even more.

Swelling was better today! Still a lot on the top of my cheek and on either sides of my nose, below my eyes though.




Tomorrow will be my first day alone; my husband is going back to work! I'm going to miss him, but it had to happen at some point. I definitely feel strong enough to be left alone all day haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment