Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Day 13

Falling asleep yesterday night was a bit of a struggle with the return of joint pain when trying to sleep on my side. I actually fell asleep on my side fine, but woke up half an hour later with shooting pains in my right jaw extending to my ear, as if I had an ear infection. I positioned myself at 30 degree, flat on my back and waited for it to dissipate. It took about 15-20 minutes, so I didn't need to take anything for the pain. Can't wait for this to stop though! I sleep so much better on my side.

I did manage to get 7 hours of actual sleep, which is a new record since surgery! However, I was still pretty tired today, bummer. I guess I still have a lot of catching up to do.

Today, I played some games, chatted with friends and went shopping on my own for the first time! I walked to a thrift store about 10 minutes away from my apartment. One of my friends is having a baby shower soon, and she LOVES thrift stores. I already bought her something from her registry, but I thought I could add a few thrifted kids books as well to round up the gift. I was actually surprised to find a few good one in almost perfect condition, and so cheap, too!

Four books for $3!
Then I went to World Market and got a few more stocking stuffers for my husband. I go there often and the cashier recognized me, but he kept glancing at me during the transaction, as if trying to figure out what was different or weird about me. I know he didn't mean to make me feel self-conscious but it totally did. My swelling is down enough that no one can really notice but people who know me very well, but talking through banded teeth really gives it away. I didn't say anything to him since he didn't ask. It wasn't really a conversation I wanted to have.


Still have that bruise.

When I came back home, I was completely exhausted though. I took a nap, but once again couldn't sleep on my side, so I just used a bunch of pillows and slept on my back again. I managed to sleep for about 40 minutes.

Food-wise, I reached 1650 calories today, not bad! I had more of the Trader Joe's chicken salad, some of the soup I made yesterday and an Ensure. I need to up my intake of water though, I definitely did not drink enough today. I recently switched to using a sport water bottle because the small bottles I use for food just don't dispense water fast enough for my liking. It's much easier with the sports bottle!

Just squeeze to get tons of water.

It's currently 10:30pm and I'm thinking of jumping in bed to read until I fall asleep. Maybe I can get 8 hours tonight. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment