Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Day 7

I had a small set-back during the day. The night before, I took some liquid Tylenol because my jaw and stitches were hurting more than usual (I think there were some numbness in there that came back to life) and I couldn't sleep at all because of it. I woke up feeling nauseated and miserable. I'm thinking it's because I had the Tylenol on an empty stomach during the night.

I was very frustrated. I took Zofran every four hours like I'm supposed to, but it was hard to kickstart eating 2000 calories for the day. I felt trapped in a bad cycle: I need food to feel better, but food makes me nauseated and gross, so I don't want to eat it, but if I don't eat it, then I feel horrible and even more nauseated. I wondered if I would ever get to a point where not eating for a few hours wouldn't make me feel faint. (Edit: At about day 10, it got much better and I wasn't so entirely reliant on food every few hours.)

I kept up the Joylent all day anyway, except we switched back to water instead of milk. I realized that the milk might be the culprit making me feel nauseated and gross. We tried adding peanut butter to Joylent and it was pretty good. Added bonus: extra calories. It turns out milkless Joylent was indeed much easier to stomach.

I actually managed to finish all the Christmas cards and get them ready to go. I did have to use a sponge to seal the envelopes since I couldn't stick my tongue out, hah! I still felt very groggy and spaced out though, so I had to double check the addresses multiple times. Brain power is still ramping up slowly, but surely.

In the afternoon, my husband went out to get me another Apple Spiced Cheer from Jamba Juice (can you tell I'm addicted?) and while he was out, I took the opportunity to wrap his last present. Pretty happy with myself!

Not bad!

I still spent a lot of the day lying down and watching TV, but I felt a bit more active during the day, sitting at my desk a few times for 20 minutes, brushing my teeth TWICE (gasp!), even taking another shower. I was finally starting to come alive.

Swelling was done a little more, maybe because I was a lot more active?


I wonder when that bruise will go away?

One thing bothering me is how much gunk I can feel on the inside of my teeth. I can't wait to be able to brush. It will be GLORIOUS. For now, I try to suck in some of the toothpaste foam and sort of "brush" with my tongue, but it doesn't do much to be honest. It feels a bit more fresh at least.

My stitches also started falling off, which is nice! They do hurt a lot less when I brush my teeth, which is why I've been brushing more often. I'm also using the waterpik again, and it's crazy the amount of stuff it's getting out.

Overall, the day started off iffy, but ended pretty nicely. I think discovering that whole milk was contributing to my gross/nausea feeling really made a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment