Sunday, December 25, 2016

Day 25

Merry Christmas guys!

I can't believe it's already here. The month went by incredibly fast; too fast! Although I did spend half the month not feeling great, so it was hard to get into the spirit of Christmas during that time. I'm a little sad that I didn't get to enjoy the holidays as much as I wanted, but as I said in an earlier post, there's always next year! And next year, I'll be braces-free and this will all be behind me. How amazing is this?

Today I woke up at 7 am and wanted to open the presents, but my husband wanted to sleep in, so I went back to sleep until 10 am. Then we made some coffee and had fun giving each other presents. I got a PS4! I'm excited to finally play the Uncharted series.

Then, I made the same cookies I baked for the leasing office and the neighbors since I had enough ingredients for another batch, and brought those to our friends' place in the afternoon. They invited us and another couple they know who don't have family in this state, so we shared her Christmas day with her immediate family (her mom, her brother and her sister). At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, I was afraid I would be intruding on her family time, but knowing there was another couple there made me feel better. Her family was so nice and welcoming, too.

The food though. It smelled AMAZING. I don't even like red meat, but man, it looked delicious. She made rib-eye steaks with roasted brussels sprouts, mashed sweet potatoes, delicious stuffing (I know for a fact that it's good because I've had it for Friendsgiving at her place over the years), fruits and butter biscuits. She also had frosted sugar cookies and assorted chocolates for dessert. I was starving by that point, and my friend offered a few times to blend some soup that she had, but I just felt really self-conscious to eat in front of everyone. If it had been just my friends I think I would have tried it, but I didn't know her family that well, and I didn't know her other two friends who came. I did take some home though!

The view I had during dinner. It looked so good!

Thankfully they could understand me perfectly when I talked. We had fun chatting and hanging out. I asked my friends if they noticed a difference, and they said they couldn't really tell much, which was disappointing. One of them did say that she noticed my smile was less gummy, but that when the elastics and braces would be off it'll be easier to tell, because right now it's distracting. I agree with her; it's hard to tell how my smile will actually look like with all this stuff over my teeth, making it hard to close my lips together. I know my lips won't ever close "naturally" like normal people, but I feel like it'll be a lot easier once I'm brace-free.

We left after about 2-3 hours. I wasn't TOO tired, but I was starving and my cheeks were starting to get tired again from smiling so much.

Overall, I still managed to have a great Christmas time in spite of the surgery, so I'm happy :) I hope you guys had a nice one too!

No comments:

Post a Comment