Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day 14

Last night I managed about 8 hours of very fragmented sleep, since I woke up at 9am, but then went back to sleep at around 10am. Does that still count as sleep for the night? :P

I was still pretty tired today but didn't take a nap in the afternoon. Instead, I went to see Arrival in the theater with my husband. It was nice to be out again! The room was almost empty, I think there were only two other couples. The movie has been out for a while, and it was a Wednesday afternoon, so it was the perfect timing. I'm not fond of crammed theater rooms; I have a tiny bladder and hate to bother everyone when I'm trying to make my way to the restroom in the middle of the movie...

I was a bit worried because I had only eaten about 500 calories at that point and it was already 4pm. I was hungry when I left, but thankfully didn't feel faint or woozy at all during the 2-hour show. Afterwards, we walked to Jamba Juice, and you can guess what I ordered (Apple Spiced Cheer anyone?). We passed by a Panda Express and it smelled SO GOOD that we decided to get something. I got chow mein and orange chicken to see if it would taste good when liquified. We still had some soup leftover so I'll have to postpone the experiment to tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. Man, it smelled divine though.

The swelling seems about the same as yesterday.




I think at this point the changes will be very slow and subtle. I can still feel pretty swollen near my cheek bones and underneath my chin. The swelling under my eyes on either side of my nose is finally starting to come down. And I still have the bruises. They're a lot more yellow now, hopefully that's the last color they'll be before disappearing!

This is where I feel there is still a good amount of swelling.

I checked my stitches today and realized they're ALL gone except for the ones on the upper front of my gums. They also kind of smell. Not like "rotting flesh" smell, but an unpleasant, soured milk odor that I can only smell when I pull my upper lip up to check them. I started swishing salt water up there just in case. I don't think it's infected, but I don't want to take a chance. I tried pulling very lightly on one of them and it seemed attached pretty tightly still. I'll ask my surgeon when I see him on Friday. Maybe he can remove it himself if he thinks the incision looks good.

Other than that, still no pain whatsoever except when I try to sleep on my side. I talked a lot more today and my jaw felt a little tired, but not much achiness, so that's good.

Can't wait to see the surgeon on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment