Thursday, December 22, 2016

Day 22

Well, I'm pretty sure that I finally slept for eight glorious, uninterrupted hours during the night! VICTORY!

I woke up feeling more energized, but I may have overdone it during the day and ended up feeling soooo tired after dinner. I'm still glad I had more energy after a relatively good night sleep.

I didn't do anything super exciting though. I just had to ship a few packages from eBay sales and go to the grocery store to get more ingredients for my Ensure replacement smoothies (side note: I'm actually still having one Ensure a day on top of the smoothie because otherwise I just can't reach 1500 calories). The problem is that I needed a large flat rate box for one of the item we sold, so I actually ended up going out twice and walking around town quite a bit. It was a beautiful, sunny and warm day, so I didn't mind one bit! But as I said, I felt soooo exhausted afterwards.

I was going to take a nap, but I wanted to go to Trader Joe's to get a few package of their chicken salad that I love so much, just so that I have something good to enjoy during the holiday weekend. Once we came back, I wasn't really sleepy anymore, so I ended up reading in bed until pretty late. I was also really excited/anxious about the surgeon appointment in the morning, but that's a problem I deal with all the time: whenever I have an appointment in the morning, I just can't seem to fall asleep.

Oh well.

So... not much to report today to be honest. It was a pretty good, busy, tiring (in a good way) day, but no changes at all in my post-surgery status. I'm not even going to post selfies today because the swelling is the same, and I feel like there are enough of my selfies floating around this website to last a century. I'll update when I notice a difference.

Earlier, I was browsing a jaw surgery blog that I read before my own surgery, and the difference in my reaction to it was astonishing. Whenever I'd read these blogs before surgery, I'd get incredibly anxious and would even start shaking sometimes. Even though they were helping, they still increased the amount of fear and anticipation I was dealing with. But now, when I visit them, I feel a huge sense of relief and thankfulness for being over the worst of it. If you're reading this before your surgery, know that one day, a lot sooner than you think, you will get to the same point! I know it's hard, but try not to worry too much. Anticipation is often much worse than the actual event. I've said it before but I'll say it again: time went by MUCH faster than I thought it would. Just focus on that moment in your near future where you'll be over the hump and happy to have made it. It feels great, and it's worth it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment