Monday, December 12, 2016

Day 12

My first night back in the bedroom went fairly well, although I still had issues falling asleep and finding a good position to sleep in. I still managed to get about 6 hours, not bad!

The swelling was down even more today.




I had some Ensure for breakfast and Joylent for lunch, although I kind of slacked on eating today. I'm not sure I'll reach 1600 calories. It's OK though, I'll make up for it tomorrow if I need to, or I could just have a glass of apple juice for 120 calories. Isn't it crazy how much calories it has? I should have been downing glasses after glasses of the stuff when I was trying to get 2000 calories. But it's straight up sugar. It doesn't seem like a good idea to fill up on those calories. Protein lasts longer :)

I actually spent most of today working on this blog. I finished writing the previous days using notes I took during my recovery, and I am now officially caught up! From now on, it'll be a "live" update every night.

I took a nap during the afternoon. I've been feeling more tired for some reason, probably because I'm doing more stuff and being more active, but I'm still not sleeping optimally. The nap was actually really nice. I slept 90 minutes and when my jaw jerked, it wasn't nearly as painful as before. The joint pain was also not as bad when I woke up, even though I had been sleeping on my side.

I still have muscle soreness in my neck and throat, so I try to stretch it more when I can. I can also open my mouth slightly even with the rubber bands. Maybe that's why the jaw jerks aren't as painful.

Oh, today was the first time that I've cooked dinner since the surgery! I made a delicious lemon chicken orzo soup and blended it so that I could eat it. It was amazing.

It felt good to eat a homemade dinner again.

Other than that, not much to report! Still feeling good, being more active and going back to a normal routine. My next appointment with the surgeon is Friday, so I'm not sure there will be anything new to talk about in the next few posts, but who knows. I'll try to keep it entertaining at least.

I hope I can brush the inside of my teeth this Friday though. That would be awesome...


(Edit: One thing I forgot to mention here is that I struggled with this weird, temporary depressive feeling in the morning from day 9 to 11. By day 12 it had thankfully stopped. I'm not sure what caused it, maybe it was side effects from drugs like steroids leaving my body, or just a normal reaction to the surgery. I would basically wake up and feel this crushing, empty void. I would immediately think of something to do that would be fun that day: play a game I enjoy, read a book I'm into, go out for a walk, anything to remind me that I have things to look forward to. I just thought I'd mention it in case it happens to you and you wonder if it's normal, and when it will stop. If you do keep feeling depressed, talk to someone about it though. I talked to my husband about it and he helped me not worry about it too much and kept checking on me to see if it had alleviated.)

No comments:

Post a Comment